Monday, October 15, 2007

Downtown Vancouver

Well I have been in Vancouver a bit over a week now. As I am fairly sure I mentioned in my previous post, I have been staying with my uncle and aunt in North Vancouver. I started working almost straight away (at a restaurant, till I find something else) so I have not had to many opportunities to get outside and take photos… until today, which was my day off. Vancouver is a very pretty cosmopolitan city… probably the most cosmopolitan I have ever seen. There really are all kinds of people here and being from good old homogeneous Merida, it makes for a nice change. The city is also very modern and has a very different feel to cities like Montreal or Halifax. My only major complaint is about how expensive it is here… its really insane. Vancouverites are very proud of their city, and they should be … but I have to wonder, for how much longer can these prices keep going up? I smell a bubble about to pop. Anyway here are a few pics, hope you enjoy them.


Vancouver Art Gallery

Just some street

View of the city from the North Shore (mmm I love my telephoto)

Nice shot at Standley Park

Nifty Totem pole at Standley Park

Marina at Standley Park

Bottom of another really cool Totem

Thats all for now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are doing a very good job, I love your pictures!!!

They are amazing!
I am from Mexico and i actually went to your parents school, i studied modern languages and after getting my degree i came to Vancouver to go to Cap College which became Capilano University, while i was living here, i met your aunt Katy and her husband Miguel, they are nice people, mmm i am still living in North Van close to deep cove because i married a canadian and we have a baby girl, her name is Amber and she is 7 months now, i like it here but just like you said, it's so expensive everything is going up and up and up that i don't even think that we will ever be able to buy our own house some day :( sigh
My husband speaks Spanish too so we are planing on moving down to Mexico, we don't know when but i am sure it will happen... anyways i just wanted to say congrats because you are a great photographer, keep posting beautiful pics!!!

Say hi to your parents for me.

Rosa.