Thursday, February 07, 2008

Campeche and Quintana Roo Archaeology Extravaganza! (pt.5 – Tulum )

Tulum is (some say, but I am not completely sure about this claim) the most visited archaeological site in all of Mexico. Due to its proximity to Cancun and Playa del Carmen tourists pour in to the site in droves… and as a result it’s kind of turned in to a tourist trap with all the cheap nick knacks and BS which inevitably follows. The site itself is not really that big, and although there are some interesting buildings the best feature of the site is its location on a ridge overlooking the Caribbean Sea. Lucky for me when I got there this time there where not that many people there… and I also got a chance to shoot some interesting animals. The iguanas engaged in battle where particularly cool… although I felt a bit bad for the poor iguana having his back ripped out… but oh well, I guess you just have to let nature run its course. Anyway here are the pics.









No comments: