Saturday, July 04, 2009

San Antonio Sodzil Hacienda

After a fairly wild party last night, I figured I would just pick up my camera, get in to the car, crank up the AC and just driver around until something caught my interest. My original intention was to go to Jaina Island, but when this became impossible I stumbled upon a amazing ruined hacienda in the small town of Sodzil (Campeche). The hacienda is quite large and just spectacular... I loved the architecture, floor tiles and the use of color; not to mention all the beautiful bidrs and flowers. Anyway here are the photos I took, I hope you enjoy them.









Neat eh? if you would like to learn more about haciendas in the Yucatan check out:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Sodzil Wiki article about the hacienda (in Spanish)
http://yucatantoday.com/en/topics/haciendas-yucatan for a nice little summary.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Esos arcos estan espectaculares

Anonymous said...

DEAR FRIEND FINANCE ME THAT BELONGS TO THE MUNICIPALITY OF Hecelchakan CAMPECHE AND IF IT IS BEAUTIFUL, AND I HOPE MANY OF YOUR FRIENDS KNOW dare IS PART OF THE HISTORY OF A TIME IN MEXICO WHERE THE GOLDEN ERA HENEQUEN.