Monday, March 19, 2012

Week in Geramny (Hamburg & Berlin)

As some of you may know, last week I made my way to Germany to visit my good friend Daniel over in Hamburg. It was my first time in the city and I have to say I was quite impressed. With its many large lakes and rivers Hamburg has quite a bit to offer bird lovers, even within a few blocks of the downtown area. Another nice thing about the city is that it is quite easy to cycle around the many paths and dedicated bicycle lanes... always a plus! After a few days in Hamburg Daniel and I made our way to (arguably) my favourite city in all of Europe, Berlin. Since I have spent quite a bit of time in Berlin over the past several years, we did not really spend any time sightseeing, but rather just enjoyed strolling around, chatting in the parks and kicking back cheap beers (particularly cheap for those of us based in Norway!). The one major down side of the trip is that my good Canon SLR died on me on the first day, so I had to resort to buying the cheapest point and shoot I could find in a local shop, alas. Anyway that is all for now!














2 comments:

Joanna said...

Wow Carlos! When is some serious photo journal going to see your shots and snap you up?

Carlos Rosado said...

*sigh* from your lips to gods ears...